Most of us have learned to knit, but many of us have given up because we don’t know how to fix our mistakes without making things worse! Sound familiar???
This class should clear up a lot about your knitting. Understanding what has happened and how to fix it may just be the most important thing there is to learn about knitting. You will be asked to knit some swatches before the class to allow for time to learn the following necessary skills:
We’ll cover how to:
- avoid tight cast ons and cast offs,
- recognize mistakes and know when you’ve worked in the wrong direction,
- deal with knots,
- use stitch markers,
- ‘correct’ stitch mount,
- unknitting, ripping out and grabbing dropped stitches,
- recognizing missed stitches and extra stitches,
- picking up stitches,
- placing increases and decreases correctly,
- preventing gauge/tension/sizing issues,
- knowing what to do when something is too short, too long, too big or too small
Location: 1731 Churchill Ave, London ON – East Lion’s Community Centre
Instructor: Joan Janes
Cost: Members – $20, Non-Members – $25
Date: Sunday February 18 (snow day February 25)
Time: 1:30-4:30 pm
Equipment to bring: your completed swatches and appropriate needles. Joan will contact students with pre-class homework to create swatches.
- COVID Protocol for classes
- As of June 1, 2023 – Masks are welcome but not mandatory for the duration of each class
- Compliance with any other Covid-19 protocols set by the East Lions Community Centre
***Cancellation Policy: Participants who cancel their registration up to 1 month prior to the start of the workshop will receive a full refund. A participant who finds a replacement for his/her spot within 1 month prior to the start of the workshop will receive a full refund. Cancellations within 1 month of workshops (with no replacement found) and “no-shows” will not be refunded. If the Guild cancels a workshop for any reason, all registration fees will be refunded.